Over the past few months I have been really enjoying my life, taking up new hobbies and opening my eyes to the world more and I am currently packing for my next trip to Croatia and Bosnia. I am grateful to be in a position where I can do what I love, explore and enjoy. Here are my 5 Things I'm Thankful for :
- Creativity and all the wonderfully creative people out there that have inspired me to set up my blog, given me ideas for DIY projects around my home, art, recipes and all things that are fantastic cool and thrifty. Pinterest is great for picking up ideas for projects. I've created a lot of boards on there - you can follow my Pinterest page here. I find tutorials so good too and some of my favourite Youtubers are HelloMaphie and DIYlover.
- Exploring new places is one of the best things in the world! I was born to travel and I am blessed to have two cultures both Bosnian and Irish. Culture is so interesting, the people, the places, the history and the food. In the last year I went on quite a few trips to Milan, Portugal, Berlin and sunny Bosnia. I think Milan was one of my all time favourites. It was such a beautiful place. I stayed very close to the city centre and went to the top of the Duomo di Milano and did a day trip all around the city. I also met my cousins for the first time who live in the city so that was really cool. I would highly recommend it. The good news is I'm going away again soon. I'll be posting all the hol deets here. Eeeeek... can't wait!
- Blood is thicker than water - we always say this in my house. To me, family is everything and I am so grateful for each and everyone of them. My sister and I are almost inseparable - even though she is 7 years younger than me (she's actually doing her Leaving Cert. right now - good luck!). We are all very close as a family and that's the best way to be I think. They have stood by me through thick and thin. So thank you and I love you. My close friends also need to be mentioned here because without them I would be lost and definitely stuck for giggles and fun. I am grateful for the good people in my life.
- Nature. It's probably the most relaxing thing in the world to me. I could lay in a field on a sunny day for hours reading a good book, surrounded by flowers, birds, bees... you name it! Bird song is so beautiful - I hear the little birds chirping outside my window each morning as I am getting up for work and its so lovely. I live close to the country side so we are certainly not short of beautiful green passages, parks and views around here - we're just missing the good weather! The photo below was taken by myself at The National Stud and Gardens. What a beautiful place to visit!
- Recently, I've gotten deep into my faith and I have found a lot of inner peace, strength and happiness. The feeling is indescribable but I am thankful to God for everything. I am blessed. We are all blessed. I have trust and confidence in knowing that what is made for me won't pass me. This has given me so much peace of mind and general good-feeling in my daily life. I often reflect these days on what I am thankful for so I wanted to write this post for you. Faith is a beautiful thing and I am grateful to have rediscovered mine.